An unusual property built after the war circa 1948. As built the property covered a significant part of the rear garden with a two storey seven metre deep rear projection stretched to within four metres of the rear boundary rendering it almost unusable as a garden. The proposal to remove it in its entirity was quite radical removing close on 500 sq ft of space. However, in remodelling the property with a new four metre deep extension stretched cross the width of the rear elevation and extending upwards into the attic to create an additional floor plate we created in excess of 500 sq ft of additional space and a much needed rear garden.
The windows to the original house were predominantly 'crittall type' steel framed windows . These have all been replaced with hardwood timber frames to match the original profiles. Similar glazed screen have been used internally as room dividers and wardrobes.
Completion Date March 2016. Contract Period 40 weeks.