A detatched 'metroland' type property built circa 1920 on a sloping site falling away to the rear. Purchased as a two storey house, now extended to four storeys. Upwards into the attic to create a master bedroom suite including an en-suite bathroom and walk-in dressing room. Downwards and outboard to the rear to interface directly with the garden. A kitchen dining space is sited at this level with a predomonantly glazed elevation to the garden which opens up to a hard landscaped patio with the garden falling away to the east beyond. At the original ground floor level above the new kitchen diner we have extended the property outwards. Sited here is a new reading room/library which opens up to the side to an external terrace also accessed from the rear reception room via a sliding glazed screen. The existing traditional material palette of plain clay tiles, red rubber bricks and stucco has been incorporated into all the new works and reinterpreted in a contemporary manner. The terracotta roof tiles have been used as vertical cladding to the upper ground floor rear extension and part of the lower ground floor rear elevation. The new dormers are full height picture windows with shutters for ventilation and again incorporating the terracotta tiles for the vertical cheeks.
Completion Date Feb 2015. Contract Period 32 weeks.